Nora is a Litigation Paralegal with experience in all phases of the litigation process, as well as legal process improvements, and staff management. Ms. Stocks has enjoyed providing support for attorneys handling complex Litigation and Disputes and Family Law matters. Ms. Stocks has worked on complex international domestic cases requiring use of the Hague Convention and collaborating with various federal and local law enforcement agencies. She has also worked on cases involving alleged violations of the False Claims Act, TILA, RESPA, FCRA, TCPA, UDAAP and CAHBOR against major financial institutions. Additionally, Ms. Stocks has worked on toxic tort matters.
- Provide discovery support by conducting document review and specifically analyzing property documents; such as, HUD-1 statements, Deeds of Trust, Tax Records, Business Records and Bank Records. Also, provide discovery support by drafting initial discovery and preparing responses to discovery in accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and relevant local rules
- Provide document preparation and management support by drafting pleadings, motions, orders, subpoenas and other documents in accordance with federal and local Rules of Civil Procedure and maximizing the use of case management software to manage the organization and storage of client files
- Provide litigation support in preparation of depositions by gathering, compiling and organizing large amounts of financial documents to be used at the deposition
- Provide trial and hearing support by identifying and preparing documents to be used as possible exhibits and preparing trial visual aids for bench or jury trials. Also, provide assistance during trial
- Provide assistance in conducting settlement negotiations in matters involving division of marital property, assets and debts, and in consumer disputes against financial institutions by preparing statistical charts and graphs detailing trends and projecting future costs and/or risks
- Assist in improving law firm/legal department efficiency and proficiency by developing and implementing policies and procedures streamlining firm processes and yielding $8.5 annual savings